Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Sounds of Silence

Its been quite some time since I listened to Simon & Garfunkel and my new Logitech speakers just begged to be allowed to go out full blast. So I put on a playlist on Simon & Garfunkel and sat in the dark listening to the lyrics. One of the most touching songs of their collection is undoubtedly The Dangling Conversation. There is this one part of the song which almost always brings tears to my eyes.:
Yes, we speak of things that matter,
With words that must be said,
Can analysis be worthwhile?
Is the theater really dead?
And how the room is softly faded
And I only kiss your shadow,
I cannot feel your hand,
Youre a stranger now unto me

Every time I listen to this song, it reminds me of an old friend who was also a passionate lover of Simon & Garfunkel. That friend of mine died more than 2 years back but this song brings back strong memories of him talking to me, riding his moped,playing cricket and our going for quizzes and debates together. We were close friends once but drifted apart once I joined college and didnt interact that much. Now I wish I had known him better.

No comments: