Friday, August 22, 2008

The Hill that never sleeps

That is the nickname of IIM Indore a.k.a Planet I

I never thought I would land up in a management institute , let alone an IIM. That said, its sometimes very interesting and mostly very hectic out here.
July 23rd, a red letter day in ways more than one(found my lucky watch and the shocking telephone call). I was just back from my friend's house when this odd phone call came in. My parents were sure some friend of fine was playing a prank on me. I picked up the phone to get the stunning news: " You have been granted an opportunity to Join IIM Indore" After hearing the voice, I wasnt so sure that this was a prank. I said Yes and then kept the phone down after listening to some instrunctions.An hour later, the mail came in and it took the next few days to sink in . Then it was a quick Kingfisher flight to Indore and lo behold, I was at the portals of knowledge where was proudly writtenSiddhi Mulam Prabadhanam(for the ignorant, the motto of our institute.

My first day was one marathon day where I hit the ground running(literally and metaphorically). Early morning running, yoga and classes killed all thoughts of lazing around. My dad was overjoyed, it was the first time in years that he has seen me wake up before him and actually do work. The rest of the day, I met several others like me who had come here with hopes of settling in early and instead got to run up and down the hill. A note here for cardiac and pulmonary patients(if you can walk up the hill and reach the main building, you aint got anything wrong with u. )

No comments: